Answered By: Katie Hoskins Last Updated: Jun 13, 2016 Views: 32
The easiest way for NOVA users to find historic newspaper articles is through the Proquest News & Newspapers database. Here are some guidelines on locating historic newspaper articles.
1. Go to www.nvcc.edu/library > Articles tab > “Databases A-Z.” Type "Proquest News" into the search box at the top of the page and click "Go."
2. Click the link titled "Proquest News & Newspapers" to access the database. If you are off-campus, you will most likely be prompted to login with your MyNOVA username and password.
3. Click “Advanced Search," which is to the bottom right of the search box. This will allow you to select for full text results, specify a date range, and enter keywords.
4. After entering your search terms, find the "Source type" list and check the box for “Historic Newspapers.”
5. Find the "Sort results by" dropdown menu and select the option for “oldest first.”
6. Click "Search."